Internal Applications Developer
←Back to all career postings
A Day In the Life of a Internal Applications Developer
This position is part of RBA’s Corporate Services team and reports to the VP of Corporate Services. The Internal Application Developer’s essential job function is to develop and maintain custom internal software solutions using internal systems, processes, and application development, Business Intelligence reporting. This position also manages (creates, modifies, and supports) the integration of information between the company’s disparate business systems.
- Design and develop applications for staff to perform internal tasks.
- Design and develop automated applications for system maintenance and automated tasks.
- Design and develop web services to support integration between disparate systems.
- Data management.
Software Project Management
- Project planning, estimation, scheduling, and progress tracking.
- Write technical and functional documentation.
- Track and prioritize reported bugs and issues.
UltiPro Security & BI Reporting
- Manage permissions and qualifiers for all users.
- Create BI reports for staff.
- Manage and maintain Cognos BI permissions.
- Write ad-hoc queries for staff to do data analysis.
- Troubleshoot and correct application issues and bugs.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4 year College Degree – BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Microsoft certifications in application development (one or more of: MCSD Web Applications, MCSD Windows Store Aps, MCSD Sharepoint Application) and BI (MCSE: Business Intelligence) would be a plus.
- 1+ years .NET software development.
- 1+ years experience working directly with end-users.
- Prior experience with HR, Accounting, Payroll and Benefits systems desired.
Knowledge & Skills
- NET Web development –Visual Studio, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, Ajax, Entity Framework, WCF, MSSQL Server, T-SQL, .NET Core2, Azure.
- Project Management – TFS 2018 for issue tracking and source control, Agile concepts, scheduling and estimating software projects, software documentation, creating wireframes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cognos 8 Report Studio to write multiple-query reports, create charts and dashboards.
- Ability to work with general concepts of data warehousing, Excel pivot tables, data presentation.
- Familiarity with role-based permissions paradigm (UltiPro, Cognos, SqlServer).
- Ability to communicate and interact with technical as well as non-technical users.
- Works independently and under minimal supervision – confers with supervisor on unusual matters; has appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision; assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Uses independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives. Can gather, collate, or classify information about data, people, and things. Reports and/or carries out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation.
- Exchanges ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or jointly arrives at decisions, conclusions, solutions, or solve disputes.
- Combines or integrates data to discover facts and/or develop knowledge or creative concepts and/or interpretations.
- Maintains confidential and sensitive data.
- Prioritizes work and manages to deadlines.
- Communication: Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Integrity: Demonstrates principled leadership and sound business ethics. Builds trust with others through credibility and keeping commitments. Shows consistency between personal and professional values.
- Relationship Building: Cultivates an active network of long-term relationships inside and outside the organization. Relates well to candidates, clients, contractors/sub-contractors, and co-workers.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Displays objectivity and openness to others views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team environment. Puts success of team above own interests. Exhibits tact and consideration. Works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Analytical Skills: Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects, researches and analyzes data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Identifies data relationships, dependences and discrepancies.
- Planning & Organization: Setting priorities and defining actions, time, and resources needed to achieve predefined goals. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Decision Making: Making sound decisions. Ability to base decisions on fact rather than emotion. Follows a logical thought process. Considers pros and cons before acting.
- Technical Expertise: Acquiring and applying technical knowledge in one’s own technological area of specialty. Uses technology, tools, and resources effectively.
- Results Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations and being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance.
- Data gathering and analysis: Collecting, consolidating, and using relevant information; recognizing important information; tracing possible causes of problems, and searching for practical data/solutions.
- Discipline: Imposes structure through routines and focuses on timelines and deadlines to create a sense of control.
- Ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work an environment with moderate noise.
- Ability to lift >=10 lbs or more.
- Position does not directly supervise any employees.
The above description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform other related duties, as assigned.
Why work for RBA
We’re a leading digital and technology consultancy made up of technologists, creatives, and strategists striving to deliver our best work for our clients. We have designed our services and engagement types to align to the unique needs of our clients. Whether that is adding capacity to a team, helping to deliver a solution on new technologies or providing support after launch, we are truly Designed to Deliver.
Benefits offered at RBA:
- Health coverage: We offer competitive plans for medical, dental, and vision. Staying healthy is important to us.
- Profit-sharing & 401k: We offer revenue sharing and bonus opportunities throughout the year. Fidelity manages our 401k plan.
- Paid time off: We know having a balance between work and life is critical to your happiness.
- Company cabin & pontoon: Employees are able to use the RBA cabin and its amenities in the Minnesota Brainerd lakes area. We also have a pontoon on Lake Minnetonka that all employees can use for free.
We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!