Modern Workplace Developer
←Back to all career postings
A Day In the Life of a Modern Workplace Developer
A Modern Workplace Developer can architect, design and develop applications that extend the Microsoft SharePoint/O365 platforms. They understand and follow best practices throughout SharePoint/O365 projects. They are instrumental in the application development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, debugging, and documentation. They utilize search knowledge to plan and implement a search architecture. Additionally, they apply best practices in information architecture and content and metadata management. They plan and leverage the latest SharePoint/O365 social computing and collaboration features to maximize the capture and share of knowledge and expertise within the company.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years development experience in implementing complete application/web solutions.
- Modern Workplace products and how they work together.
- Experience working with Microsoft Teams.
- Development experience with Power Apps and Power Automate.
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx) development of web parts and extensions.
- Development experience with both Classic and Modern environments.
- Scripting libraries such as React, Knockout, Angular, jQuery.
- Experience with Visual Studio Code, Microsoft Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, Git.
- UI/UX branding and library usage including Bootstrap, Office UI Fabric, Themes.
- Deployment skills for both O365 and on prem App Catalogs.
- Debugging tools such as Fiddler, Postman, Developer Tool bar.
- Experience working with complex custom workflows, timer job, features, and Web Forms.
- High quality communication, presentation, technical writing, analytical and leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to participate in application SDLC including Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
Specific work elements
- Ability to work on multiple projects effectively.
- Develop, design, and customize SharePoint/O365 solutions.
- Assist with initial project setup, technical requirements.
- Oversee solution architecture design.
- On-going application support, including troubleshoot SharePoint/O365 solutions.
- May lead small projects.
- Sharegate, Nintex and other Microsoft competitive tools experience a big plus.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology related field.
- 5+ Years’ experience working in the Microsoft O365 space.
- Microsoft certifications.
- Awareness of current/future roadmap of industry and associated technologies.
Why work for RBA
We’re a leading digital and technology consultancy made up of technologists, creatives, and strategists striving to deliver our best work for our clients. We have designed our services and engagement types to align to the unique needs of our clients. Whether that is adding capacity to a team, helping to deliver a solution on new technologies or providing support after launch, we are truly Designed to Deliver.
Benefits offered at RBA:
- Health coverage: We offer competitive plans for medical, dental, and vision. Staying healthy is important to us.
- Profit-sharing & 401k: We offer revenue sharing and bonus opportunities throughout the year. Fidelity manages our 401k plan.
- Paid time off: We know having a balance between work and life is critical to your happiness.
- Company cabin & pontoon: Employees are able to use the RBA cabin and its amenities in the Minnesota Brainerd lakes area. We also have a pontoon on Lake Minnetonka that all employees can use for free.
We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com!