Technical Business Analyst
←Back to all career postings
A Day In the Life of a Technical Business Analyst
Do you have a natural curiosity? Do you enjoy digging into the details of a business to understand how they operate today and how they could do things more efficiently and effectively tomorrow? Do you have experience working on Microsoft M365 projects? If so, you may be the next employee we are looking for.
At RBA, we are looking for analysts that have an aptitude for understanding technology and complex processes and can explain them clearly in laymen’s terms so the non-technical consumer can understand. We are looking for you to have past experience working with Microsoft technologies migrating from on-premises to the cloud, upgrading versions to modern technologies and working on custom development projects.
You’re Confident Leading
This role requires strong communications skills. It also requires confidence eliciting and documenting requirements from business and technical resources regarding processes, systems and data for as-is and to-be scenarios. Use cases and user stories are a second language. Preparing and executing demos, developing acceptance criteria for scoped efforts, developing test plans, developing UAT test cases and managing/guiding UAT are all core to this role.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to facilitate workshops, elicit and document business objectives, stakeholder needs, product features, functional and non-functional specifications for enterprise business software applications
- Ability to document business requirements for business users and technical requirements for developers using TFS (DevOps) or equivalent (e.g. JIIRA, Confluence)
- Owns requirements traceability and structuring capability: ensuring traceability is complete, thorough, and communicated appropriately across requirements and subsequent activities
- Understands systems and system integration, data mapping of source and destination including data transformations
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communications
- Viewed as a thought leader by clients and peers having the ability to build strong, trusted relationships
- Detail oriented in approach to tasks and deliverables
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Minimum 5-years’ analyst experience delivering business and technology solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, business administration or equivalent
- Has worked to develop/deliver solutions with Microsoft technologies (e.g. SharePoint, Project Online, Teams, PowerApps, Power Automate)
- Has experience on projects such as platform migrations (e.g. Exchange, SharePoint), application migrations, upgrades, custom app development, new product/technology implementations
- Has experience working with multiple project methodologies such as waterfall, agile and iterative
Desired Skills and Experience
- Axure wireframing
- Familiarity or certification(s) with the business analyst book of knowledge (BABOK) or similar industry-governed bodies of knowledge
- Formally trained Business Analyst
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- IIBA Certification(s)
Why work for RBA
We’re a leading digital and technology consultancy made up of technologists, creatives, and strategists striving to deliver our best work for our clients. We have designed our services and engagement types to align to the unique needs of our clients. Whether that is adding capacity to a team, helping to deliver a solution on new technologies or providing support after launch, we are truly Designed to Deliver.
Benefits offered at RBA:
- Health coverage: We offer competitive plans for medical, dental, and vision. Staying healthy is important to us.
- Profit-sharing & 401k: We offer revenue sharing and bonus opportunities throughout the year. Fidelity manages our 401k plan.
- Paid time off: We know having a balance between work and life is critical to your happiness.
- Company cabin & pontoon: Employees are able to use the RBA cabin and its amenities in the Minnesota Brainerd lakes area. We also have a pontoon on Lake Minnetonka that all employees can use for free.
We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com!